I am committed to meeting the needs of your dog.
Your dogs challenging behaviours often occur when what they think is acceptable and what you think is acceptable has been lost in translation. Communication is key to teaching successful acceptable behaviour. And their learning starts the day you bring them home!
Having added a puppy to your family, the best way to end up with a calm confidant adult dog is to start their schooling straight away (yes at just 8 weeks of age) with Puppy Perfection .
If you have adopted a teenager or adult/older dog from a rescue or a shelter then Teen/Dog Teaching takes into account the habits good and bad they have already formed.
Aggression of any type needs to be worked on straight away, as does Separation Anxiety (barking/howling, escaping, self harm, destruction to your property/house) and this is where a full behaviour assessment is needed to get to the bottom of the problem and start working on the solution to reduce and relieve the stress and worry with my In-Home Tutoring programes.
I have a training venue in Cashmere 4500, on Brisbane's Northside. I am also happy to travel to you adding $o.66 per kilometer of travel.
A dog’s respect, trust and love cannot be demanded or taken; it only comes when you show good leadership. I welcome the opportunity to help you earn your dog’s respect, trust and love, and to help turn your dog into a valued part of your family.
You will be learning more than basic obedience commands, for example; going through a door politely ; walking nicely on lead ; being calm inside and happy to be outside ; greeting you and your family and friends ; being calm at the vet, in the car and while coming across another dog on a walk. You will also receive comprehensive notes to keep for reference.
My qualifications and experience
- 10 years of experience training Pet dogs
- Professional member of the Pet Professional Guild Australia (PPGA)
- Experience as an assistant instructor with a Cert IV qualified Delta Society Australia Dog Training instructor
- Experience as a foster carer and assistant assessor for the Greyhound Adoption Program
- Certificate III Companion Animal Services, including experience working at the RSPCA
My availabilities (your training sessions can be booked weekly, fortnightly or around your shift work times)
- Weekdays; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 9:30am and 2pm
- During school holidays weekday availabilities are limited.
- Weekends - 10am, 1.30pm, or 3.30pm
- Alternative appointment times may be available upon request.